On this episode of the podcast, I am talking to Naomi Gottlieb-Miller from Conscious Healthy Mama all about self-care.
I am sure that you have heard about self-care and probably practice self-care. But Naomi explains that self-care is a necessity and deeper than mani-pedis.
If mani-pedis make you feel great, keep doing that. But if you are constantly getting sick and having issues with your health maybe you need more than a mani-pedi to make you feel great.
Naomi has an honest conversation about what self-care is and why it is not frivolous, but a necessity.
Naomi is a mother of 2 little ones (soon to be 3). She is a long-time yoga teacher.
She has shifted her business to learn how to take better care of herself once she had her daughter.
Now she teaches other moms and helps empower them to take better care of themselves.
Here are the main takeaways from this episode:
- When practicing self-care you have to take care of the basics first. This includes brushing your teeth, going to the bathroom when you need to go instead of taking care of 5 things first and keeping up with your doctor’s visits.
- Once you have the basics down, its time to go a little deeper
- Practice self-care that nourishes you and balances you out and makes you feel good.
- Naomi briefly talked about Arvada principles and how the 3 types of people are classified so that you can better understand what gives you balance.
- Self-care is an act of self-love.
- You can teach your kids about self-care by making your own self-care a priority.
- Naomi talked about the kid self-care chart to show kids that they need to do things to take care of their body, their heart, mind, and others.
- When life starts getting crazy step away, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Then ask yourself “what do I need?” You can do this as a meditation or in a journal. You can check out Naomi’s video on YouTube.
- You can even practice journaling these prompt: What is one thing that I can do today to make the day easy? What is one thing tI can do at this moment to feel at ease?
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Have you subscribed to the Real Happy Mom podcast? If not, I’m encouraging you to do it today.
I don’t want you to miss any upcoming episodes. I am planning on adding some bonus episodes that you won’t find on this website and if you’re not subscribed you might miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I would be so happy and grateful if you left me a review on iTunes too. Reviews help iTunes to know that this is a podcast for other moms so that other moms can find this podcast. Plus, it really makes my day to read the reviews. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thanks in advance!
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Mommy affirmations
- Mediation for moms on Naomi’s YouTube Channel
- Conscious Healthy Mama website
- Naomi on Instagram
- Naomi on Facebook
- Naomi on YouTube